Tonkah

February 02, 2014

Tonkah wrote:

My kids and I were playing minecraft today and we ran into an issue where they weren't the best at avoiding creepers. After rebuilding structures a handful of times, I decided to ask the internet what could be done about making creepers less annoying. After a quick search, I found this thread. And I quote:

Added /gamerule [gamerule] [true/false] to look up and change gamerules regarding Command Block output

/gamerule doFireTick - Whether fire should spread
    /gamerule doMobLoot - Whether mobs should drop items
    /gamerule doMobSpawning - Whether mobs should naturally spawn
    /gamerule doTileDrops - Whether blocks should have drops (does not work for paintings)
    /gamerule keepInventory - Whether the player should keep items in their inventory if they die.
    /gamerule mobGriefing - Whether creepers, endermen and withers should be able to change blocks.
    /doDaylightCycle - Toggles the day-night cycle (the sun stops moving and stays where it is) 

How awesome is this!? Not only is it a simple solution for creepers, but it also has nifty solutions for other game mechanics that make things super annoying! (The most annoying to me being: loss of items on death and fire places burning down the house.) This is going to make playing survival mode a lot more fun and kid-friendly.

Now, if only they'd implement one that increases the light-block range, so we don't have to put torches so close together to prevent zombie spawns inside the house!

Anyways, enjoy!

0 Likes