Tonkah

August 08, 2014

Tonkah wrote:

We are excited to announce our new Kickstarter project: Defiant Community Game Server!!

This Kickstarter project is aimed at replacing our current server and hosting setup with a new, dedicated and fully owned server powered by your donations! Currently we have some good friends who are loaning us hardware and a spot on a rack. This situation is going to change soon, so we'd like to get a jump start on it by moving things over to a permanent solution.

What is the Defiant Community Game Server? Well, it's a server that hosts this website, but it also hosts whatever games and game-related services that you'd like. Our currently hosted services are: Mumble, Minecraft, Cube World and Team Fortress 2. That is not a final list, however. The new server will be equipped to handle a variety of games and services and perform well under load.

If you have a game or game-related service that you would like to be hosted, don't hesitate to post it below.

For more details on the server specs and arrangement, please visit our Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655346897/defiant-community-game-server

0 Likes

August 08, 2014

Zrais wrote:

Backed! Good luck!

1 Likes

Darknight

August 22, 2014

Darknight wrote:

Thought I would pledge a few bucks just for nostalgia's sake.

1 Likes

Tonkah

September 08, 2014

Tonkah wrote:

I'd like to thank all those who donated. Unfortunately, we didn't meet our goal, and therefore no money has been transferred. Eodred and I will revisit this to see what the best route is from this point forward.

Our two most viable options are:

• Restart the campaign as a progressively funded campaign (we use whatever money we can get)
  • Use cloud hosting and host a perpetual donation link to help cover the hosting costs.

We will gauge the interest of the community and determine which option is best from there.

0 Likes