Tonkah

December 02, 2016

Tonkah wrote:

World of Warcraft: Legion The time has come to dust off your Spellstrike Pants because the Legion is back and they are upset at what we did to them a few expansions ago. Defiant is priming the old raiding machine to rise to the challenge, and we'd like you (yes, you) to suit up, clean your empty flask bottles and and grab your trusty Carrot on a Stick to join us in taking down the Legion's most terrible threat: Gul'dan!

Teo, Eodred and Taunkah are leading efforts to recruit active players to help fill the raiding roster. We currently have +/- 10 active 110's and are working to get 15-20 before we can commence raiding.

Some things to note: - Legion raids are flexible, meaning the days of required attendance and pugging to fill that last absentee slot are in the past. While attendance is important for stable progression, it's a lot less of a factor. So, if you're worried about the demanding schedule of raids, you can rest easy and join in on the fun no matter the play schedule. - The other information of consequence is that there are now 4 raiding difficulties: LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic. This is a great new feature that allows all players to see the content at the level of challenge that they choose. Each difficulty has its own item level reward system, with the more difficult mode rewarding higher item level (obviously). Our goal is to tackle normal and heroic difficulties (once normal is on farm). LFR will only be used if we are short the minimum players, since it allows us to queue our entire group.

So you must be asking yourself now, "Self, what can I do to get in on this awesomeness?" Well, self, you can level a character to 110 by purchasing the expansion (which comes with an instant level 100 boost), and get that character to average item level of 845. This is easy to do with the new world quest system and guilds to help you when you need a dungeon run. Play whatever class you like, and we’ll do our best to work it in. The only caveat is that if you plan on tanking, please prepare a viable off-spec as there are a very limited number of tanking slots.

Currently, our raid schedule is set for Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which is where most people seem to have the greatest availability. Since the majority of the players in our guild reside in Mountain and Pacific time zones, we'll keep the raiding to accommodate those schedules. Our raids will most likely start somewhere between 7 and 8pm Pacific and will last approximately two hours. While this is not completely solidified, it should be enough for you to plan accordingly.

Our raiding efforts will begin with the Emerald Nightmare, which is the current entry-level raid. Despite a handful of players being past it in gear already, I think it'd be wise for us to use it as a way of getting our feet wet. Once we have established solid progression and average item level, we'll head on over to Trial of Valor and so on. With recruitment efforts under way and guildies progressing and gearing daily, I expect us to hit this target in the next week or two (holidays willing).

We hope that you will join us as we restore Defiant to its internet-dragon-crushing glory. For honor and glory!!

0 Likes

Tonkah

December 02, 2016

Tonkah wrote:

And if you haven't played WoW in a long time, and are wondering if it'd be worth coming back, consider this:

This is the funnest WoW expansion I've played.

-- Eodred

I tend to agree with him.

0 Likes